Based in Sussex, UK
Press / Business Contact:
DescriptionWe make stylish, simplistic games to appeal to a wide audience.
Talent has little to do with success according to research conducted by Dr. K. Anders Ericsson a theory we first came across through reading Outlier by Malcolm Gladwell. The theory being that elite performers engage in ‘deliberate practice’–an focused activity designed to improve target performance. This principal is behind the 10,000 hour theory.
We furthered our investigation into this by looking into other practitioners of this theory and came across thedanplan, amongst others, who also wanted to prove from novice golfer to PGA tour professional.
That got us thinking what could we apply? Our strengths are in problem solving, as a software developer and have a passion for video games. We therefore formulated this project to give ourselves a five year goal to achieve our dream of owning our own gaming studio, paying off our mortgage and funding private education for our children.
The coming hours, weeks, months and years will be documented as a means of diarising my activity and seeing if the 10,000 hour theory can be applied to such a concept. Also to help and hopefully inspire others to follow such a challenge.
There are far more images available for Parachuting Frog, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Awards & Recognition
- "3rd - TA Forums Game of the Week!" - Toucharcade.com, 10th April 2013
- "1800 - Top 70 Best free iPhone games on the planet" - Techradar, 14th May 2013
- "...1800 is a quick bit of fun when you feel like challenging your motor skills, and if you really click with it then chasing the elusive 3-stars for every level will keep you busy for a good long time."
- Jared Nelson, Toucharcade
- "This one might be insanely minimal but it's absurdly addictive."
- Craig Grannell , TechRadar
- "Test your reaction speed in this ingeniously designed game!"
- , Best10apps - Editors Pick
- "If you’re looking for a board puzzle game to relax with this weekend, then make sure to check out Solisqr."
- Christine Chan, App Advice
- "... this makes for a fun, fast-paced mode of gameplay that users can enjoy for as little as a few minutes, or for as long as several hours."
- Joe White, App Advice
- "The challenge is to not just do random moves, but to come up with a plan as to how each move will affect the next one. The timed modes can start to affect that careful thinking by putting the ticking timer there."
- Carter Dotson, 148apps
Team & Repeating